Contact: Aleksandra Marcinkowska email@example.com
TIC TAC METHOD
The TIC TAC method indicates the stages of youth development (how the body responds to changes occurring during it). It focuses on the biological aspects of development and allows a better understanding of young people (why in certain situations they react in a certain way). An important assumption of the method is the proper identification of behaviours that are perceived as part of the development process and may cause or contribute to conflict situations.
The method focuses on working with young people who have problems with making friends and integrating with the group. The method assumes working with a group in which difficulties in integration have been noticed, manifested by a lack of welcoming manners, cooperation, insults, peer isolation, unhealthy competition, lack of acceptance, and aggression.
The main purpose of working with the use of the TIC-TAC method is to strengthen competences regarding concepts in the field of group integration, communication, assertive attitudes, conflict resolution and behaviours that have a negative impact on the group.
The method equips its users with knowledge about peer mediation, youth attitudes, acceptance of otherness, self-acceptance, conflict resolution.
Its users will be able to take over the functions of a mediator.
The result of learning the method for carers, teachers, educators and therapists are:
• increasing knowledge of areas related to the concept of choices and consequences,
• acquiring competences in recognising emotions and their impact on relationships,
• acquiring competences in the field of conflict resolution and group work,
• acquiring knowledge about development stages and the impact of brain development on
• acquiring the ability to conduct difficult conversations on topics related to expectations, trust
and understanding between teenagers and their carers/therapists.
READ MORE & DOWNLOAD MATERIALS